[OpenLayers-Users] Catching WMS Exceptions

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Oct 15 04:36:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

I don't think you can currently. You can use onerror of the img, but it
won't give you the contents.

A way would be loading the images through AJAX, which has disadvantages as
well (same origin policy and needs changes to OpenLayers).

Maybe the new WMS POST layer has a facility for this, but I don't know if
your WMS service supports POST?

http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Post.js

Best regards,
Bart