[OpenLayers-Users] Geocoding

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 21:26:32 EDT 2009

I've used a couple:

* http://geocoder.us - based on US Tiger/Line, for fee service or you
can get the source and build your own

* http://imaptools.com/geocode-us.html - based on US Tiger/Line, buy a
license

We are using navteq street data now for our maps and geocodes against
Tiger/Line don't align well so we currently have a home-grown solution
using imaptools address parser and our own postgis database.

There is some indication that PAGC (http://www.pagcgeo.org/) will
become more generic, supporting multiple back ends and datasets in a
cleaner way.  I would probably go with PAGC if that happened.

Cheers

Paul