[OpenLayers-Users] Line drawing for mobile browsers (non SVG)

MilesTogoe miles.togoe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:54:03 EDT 2009

On 10/26/2009 09:02 AM, billChadwick wrote:
> I guess it might be best to implement a 'plain divs' renderer for
> OpenLayers.Layer.Vector with support for limited (straight line only)
> geometries. Anyone tried this before ?

The one thing that holds us back from using Open Layers is that it
doesn't use SVG or Canvas syntax for vector drawing - the last thing we
want to use is another set of drawing commands.   I realize this was
done originally for the whole SVG/VML thing but now with iecanvas or
svgweb who gives a crap about VML (many of us don't even give a crap if
it runs in IE if they want to continue being non conformant (or
excluding Canvas to be "conformant").   btw we're doing our drawing with
Canvas (we like SVG but Gecko's implementation is not that great: slow
and no inline <svg> tag without xml file type)