[OpenLayers-Users] how to update POIs or markers on open street maps without refreshing the whole map

helmi helmi03 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 18:49:44 EDT 2009

These browser nowadays pretty good at handling bigger DOM. As recommended in
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions, you should keep
~100-200 Features in vector layer. marker.moveTo() for number of markers
within 100-200 should be OK.

>> this looks pretty easy, but for few number of markers, what if I have
more than one won't that be very consuming to the resources?!
from what I understand I will have to keep a reference of all markers used.