[OpenLayers-Users] different resolutions on x/y axis possible?

Alex_vG alex_pvg at web.de
Fri Sep 4 05:50:04 EDT 2009

Is it possible to use for the x- and the y-axis of a layer different
resolutions?

I want to use OpenLayers to visualize a defect map of a steel strip. The
real dimension of the strip are appr. 2 meter x 2000 meter. That means a
real x/y Ratio of 1:1000. I've written a php-serverscript for rendering the
image-tiles by using the BBOX-Parameters for an WMS-layer.  For the mainmap
i want to use the ScaleLine and the MousePosition controls with the correct
values. In the OverviewMap i want to use a image which is compressed in the
x direction by 100 times so it has a x/y ratio of 1:10. The overview-image
has to be static without any zoom functionality. The pane-frame in the
overview-map has to show the actual extend of the main-map. I hope that i
can deal with this requirement using different x/y resolutions for my
OverviewMap. But i dont know how...

please have someone a good idea to help me with this task?

PS: sorry for the bad english... (answers in german are very welcome)