[OpenLayers-Users] Has anyone got WFS-T working with SDE files ?

cgp carina_palanca at forcorp.com
Fri Sep 4 18:04:20 EDT 2009

Hi Ian,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm new to OpenLayers and
GeoServer so I didn't even know that I could use that Sample Requests page
to test my POSTs.

Anyway, I did more testing and the behaviour of my application is very
random. The requests I make return valid Responses (when I put it in the
Sample Request) but it sometimes displays the features, sometimes not.
Sometimes, I'd have to zoom in and out before I see the features being
displayed. That's my issue with displaying the features.

On the other hand, the Insert and Update requests consistently return the
same error message:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.geotools.arcsde.data.ArcTransactionState.getConnection()Lorg/geotools/arcsde/pool/ISession;
org.geotools.arcsde.data.ArcTransactionState.getConnection()Lorg/geotools/arcsde/pool/ISession;

I will repost in the GeoServer forums but I hope someone here can shed light
on this as well. I'm using OpenLayers 2.8, GeoServer 1.7.6 and ArcSDE 9.3.0.

Thank you very much.