[OpenLayers-Users] changing color of a feature

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:59:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using MapServer but all the code relating to WFS and GetFeature are
given w.r t Geoserver.
So I am wondering if these things work with mapserver or not.
What will be the layerName in case of mapserver?
Regarding 3 I don't think that there is a namespace for each layer i.e there
is no namespace URI.

I am trying to implement the WFS Getfeature example for selecting a Feature,
the url is

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/examples/getfeature-wfs.html
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/examples/getfeature-wfs.html

but it does not work.
It gives me an error in the file v1.js. The relevant code where error is
thrown is:

1) if(!this.featureNS) {
 2)           // featureNS autodetection
 3)           var readNode = this.format.readNode;
 4)         this.format.readNode = function(node, obj) {
5)                if(!this.featureNS && node.prefix == this.featurePrefix) {
                    this.featureNS = node.namespaceURI;
                    this.setNamespace("feature", this.featureNS);
                }
                return readNode.apply(this, arguments);

The line 5 is throwing an error saying "object is required".How do I know
what object is required.

Why don't the people at Openlayers give the code for both mapserver and
geoserver? If something works only for geo and not for mapserver then they
should clearly state it.
Why are they frustrating people like this?

Thanks again.