[OpenLayers-Users] IE8 problem with VMS

Enrico Sartorello enrico.sartorello at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 09:51:01 EDT 2010

Thank you very much: now using the hosted version (r10129) I can get it
work, but with other problems.

The problem is that the vector layer loading is very very slow: IE takes all
the CPU and runs for a very long time before rendering all. After getting
the layer rendered, the navigation on the layer is extremely slow as well.

I've tried some patches for memory leaks (
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2170) without any results.

Again, this is a problem only experienced with IE8.

What should I do?

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Frank Broniewski <brfr at metrico.lu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> try to make sure that you start the map initialisation when everything
> else is loaded. I used to use Jquery's $(document).ready() but needed to
> switch to $(window).load() because ready() fired to early ...
>
> Frank
>
> Am 23.04.2010 13:56, schrieb Enrico Sartorello:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing some troubles using OL 2.9 with IE8.
> > I'm trying to add to my OpenLayers map a vector layer: it works
> > perfectly on FF\Chrome, but in IE8 there's an error.
> >
> > Inside map.addLayer() call, the problem arises in VML.js, lines 147-160:
> > basically, what I've found debugging is that vars this.root,
> > this.vectorRoot, this.textRoot have all the attributes (even style,
> > which is the one used in those lines) set to "Failed". Only
> > this.rendererRoot has right values.
> >
> > The vector layer is loaded after window.onload, coupled with the opening
> > of an AJAX panel.
> > Using "EmulateIE7" mode doesn't solve anything.
> >
> > What can it be?
> > Thanks in advance for your attention :-)
> >
> > --
> > Enrico Sartorello

> Frank BRONIEWSKI
>
> METRICO s.à r.l.