[OpenLayers-Users] Spatial Filter parameter for WFS GetFeature

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 09:03:08 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

I am trying to apply spatial filter to my GEtfeature requests on WFS layer
atop a WMS.

If I look at the spatial filter documentation

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Filter/Spatial-js.html
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Filter/Spatial-js.html

I find that there are 3 things that need to be mentioned in all except the
DWITHIN filter.

What do I specify for 1) property 2) value parameter of the Spatial Filter
constructor.

The value parameter  requires either bounds or the geometry.How do I get
that for the box I am creating?

My code is:

 control = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({

                   protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({

                       formatOptions: {
                           outputFormat: "text/xml"
                       },
                       url:
"/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/Rail_wfs.map",
                       featureType: 'RailwayStations',
                       featurePrefix: 'ms',
                       geometryName: 'msgeometry',
                       maxFeatures: 100,
                       var defaultFilter: new OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial({
type: OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial.INTERSECTS})
                   }),
                   box: true,
                   multipleKey: "shiftKey"

               });

Pls change the defaultFilter so that it gets the above two parameters.

What is the purpose of BBOX Filter?
How to use the "buffer" parameter for getting feature details outside of the
box?

Thanks for your attention & efforts.