[OpenLayers-Users] Define several states of view (Zoom/Area)

Philippe.rieffel at rwth-live.de Philippe.rieffel at rwth-live.de
Mon Aug 16 08:37:35 EDT 2010

Hey everyone,
I am quite new to the whole openlayers project, and right now I am trying to put a small map project in place, throught he use of openlayers and geoExt. Everything is running fine so far, but now I encounter a part, where I don't  know how to proceed. I would want the user to choose from a list of predefined view-states (which center on one country of a continent each) and then have the mapview centered on this certain point with a defined point of view.
I hope I am making myself clear, because I have a very idea of how it should work, but I have no idea, what to enter in a search to find this. So if you could provide me with (best:)) a link to a tutorial, a short description, or at least some general terms and ideas which I could use to search google, I would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Philippe