[OpenLayers-Users] Overview map with ArcIMS breaks

Vadim Bokin vbokin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:03:07 EST 2010

Hi,

Created a new ticket on Trac but didn't get a response there, so I'm
wondering if this is a user error API error
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2490).

When an ArcIMS layer is a base layer, the overview map doesn't load and
errors are throw in

Grid.js.addTileMonitoringHooks(tile)

the "tile" that is passed is undefined. I was able to trace it back to

Grid.js.initGriddedTiles(..)

    => line 408

     if (!tile) {
                        tile = this.addTile(tileBounds, px);
                        this.addTileMonitoringHooks(tile);
                        row.push(tile);
                    } else {
                        tile.moveTo(tileBounds, px, false);
                    }

The call to

tile = this.addTile(tileBounds, px);

returns undefined. So it seems that the actual error is in
ArcIMS.js.addTile(...)

To replicate:

1) Take the basic ArcIMS example

    http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/arcims.html

2) Add 1 line at the end of the init() routine to add the overview map

    map.addControl (new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap( ) );

3) Load sample HTML file -> map loads, but the overview control throws
errors

Are there any parameters I can pass in to OverviewMap to make it work?

I've tried it WMS and ArcGIS (both Tile based layers) and they both worked.

Thanks,

-Vadim