[OpenLayers-Users] Overview map with ArcIMS breaks

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Feb 19 04:42:34 EST 2010

Hi Vadim,

I just tried and I can reproduce your problem. Normally these issues can
be fixed by cloning the baselayer, however for the ArcIMS case this did
not work for me, probably since it misses a specific implementation of the
clone method.

However, using a nother separate ArcIMS layer for the overview map control
works okay. I know it's a workaround for the problems you encountered, but
hopefully it will keep you moving.

            layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcIMS( "Global Sample Map",
                    "http://sample.avencia.com/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap",
options );

            var overview = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcIMS( "overview",
                    "http://sample.avencia.com/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap",
options );

            map.addLayer(layer);

            map.addControl (new OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap({layers:
[overview]}) );

Best regards,
Bart