[OpenLayers-Users] Changing the srs of a map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Feb 19 08:11:01 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 09:54:20AM +0100, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> On Friday, February 19, 2010, Christopher Schmidt
> <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> If your backdrop is a base layer, and configured with the right srs, the
> >> map will automatically switch to the srs that is configured for the base
> >> layer.
> >
> > Sort of. Vectors loaded statically won't reproject.
>
> + I think one needs to reconfigure the overlays, i.e. set the
> projection, recalculate min/maxResolution, etc.

Probably not any more. Most of the time, overlays will be alwaysInRange
these days unless you have specific configurations for min/max scale,
so overlays will always be on; in general, non-vector overlays just take
their projection information from the base layer at draw time, so changing
the base layer projection will cause the raster overlays to change projection
as well.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta