[OpenLayers-Users] Get Length of Vector Polyline

Johnathan Fletcher jre_fletcher at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 2 00:47:41 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a polyline which I have stored in an OpenLayers.Layer.Vector layer.  I
can view this in the web interface with no problems.

I would like to enquire if it is possible to get a length for this line.  What
would be the code for this.  To date I have been unable to find a method for
doing this.

I know you can measure lines but this would be cumbersome and the results would
not be accurate enough for my application

Regards
Johnathan