[OpenLayers-Users] draw rectangle over the map

Iswaria iswaria.k at ifpindia.org
Fri Jul 2 05:46:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

Now I have drawn the rectangle.

One more query, Before drawing a rectangle, I want to clear/remove the
rectangles, if any.

How to do it?

Thanks.

Sveen Atle Frenvik (Geomatikk IKT) [via OSGeo.org] wrote:

  Re: [OpenLayers-Users] draw rectangle over the map

  On 07/02/2010 10:58 AM, Iswaria wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In this link http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/custom-control.html ,
the
> rectangle we draw by pressing the shift key disappears, as soon as
we
> complete drawing the rectangle.
>
> I want to display the rectangle, what user has drawn.
>
> What should be done to display the rectangle.
>
> Thanks,
> Iswaria

It seems to me like the box handler returns a set of pixels describing
the box, and that the code added gets the coordinates for this.

I guess a simlpe approach is the use the coordinates  and construct a
polygon geometry and then add this as a feature to a vector layer on the
map, and then apply a style to make it look like the box.

-atle

--
Atle Frenvik Sveen
Utvikler

  View
message @ http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/draw-rectangle-over-the-map-tp5246929p5246953.html

To unsubscribe from draw rectangle over the map, click
here .