[OpenLayers-Users] Load GML layer from text field?

aznan g8a at email.com
Tue Jul 6 08:55:36 EDT 2010

Hi!
I want to show a GML polygon that I get from a web service on the map. All
the examples of showing GML makes me load an XML file as in the
gml-layer.html example:

map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("GML", "gml/polygon.xml"));

I don't know how to load GML on the fly without a prepared file. Is it
possible to draw a GML string I put in a hidden text field or a hidden div
on the page instead?

Thanks!
/Matti