[OpenLayers-Users] MergeNewParams / redraw

Sascha M. olaiya at arcor.de
Thu Jul 8 13:04:33 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I use:
====
 - Openlayers 2.9.1
 - GeoExt 0.7
 - GeoServer 1.7.7

I want:
=====
... to use a new SLD for my WMS-Layer.
The Layer is inside a LayerTree, a map and inside a Legend-Panel.

Problem:
======
I use the below code to update the SLD. The Legend-Graphic inside the
Legend-Panel accepts the new Style. The map doesn't accept the new style.
There is still the old style for the layer.

Code:
====
node.layer.mergeNewParams(
   {
      format        : "image/png",
      transparent : "true",
      sld_body     : sld
   },
   {
      isBaseLayer              : false,
      unsupportedBrowsers : []
   }
);
node.layer.redraw(true);

I found a lot posts about this topic. But nothings helped. Now, I'm not sure
to use mergeNewParams() the right way. Can I use this Method with
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS? Is there anything else I have to consider?

Thanks

Sascha