[OpenLayers-Users] Is there a "LikeBing" layer out there?

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Tue Jul 13 09:33:37 EDT 2010

Hey,

If I want to serve the Bing tiles directly, without using the VirtualEarth
wrapper layer, has that already been coded up by anyone? I know it's just a
matter of extending Openlayers.Layer.XYZ and plugging in the correct geturl
function. It's just that Bing's tile urls are based on some quadtree
nonsense that makes it slightly more of a pain that just dropping in the
coordinates.

Nevermind about whether it's a good idea or not—has it already been done, or
should I just do it myself?

Thanks!

Mike