[OpenLayers-Users] Is there a "LikeBing" layer out there?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 13 10:57:44 EDT 2010

Right! that is not the intent here. I have clients that are moving away
from Bing but have apps that are built around this tile name scheme.
They would like to create a cache using mapserver of tiles like this for
their other apps. being about to browse the cache in OL makes it much
easier to develop, review and build web apps all using the same cache.

The big issue I see with this is determining an appropriate directory
structure that maximizes tile storage in dirs so you don't have
excessive directory overhead and that you do not have too many files in
a directory or run out of inodes.

-Steve