[OpenLayers-Users] Proportional Symbols from GML attributes/OpenLayers

geotech swilliams7_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 21:58:15 EDT 2010

I know there is an easy solution to this problem just haven't found what I'm
looking for. This is my situation, I'm using FeatureServer to load my
overlay points from shapefiles to .gml . I'm using an OSM baselayer with a
reprojection from UTM to lat/lon. What I want to do is display point symbols
using a ratio to the attribute value aka proportional symbols.Is there an
Openlayers.get.attribute or something along those lines that I can pull an
attribute value from the gml or is this a matter of hacking JavaScript to
get the results I'm looking for.