[OpenLayers-Users] MapFish vs OpenLayers

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at osgis.nl
Thu Jul 15 09:05:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think you need to differentiate between MapFish and GeoExt.

GeoExt adds a nice looking GUI to OpenLayers, it's all still javascript. GeoExt is also used by MapFish.

What is complex in your opinion?

MapFish is more than just a client webmapping package, it's a full web-mapping solution, so server-side + client-side.

Also read:

http://erilem.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/mapfish-and-geoext/

Best regards,
Bart