[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers in an Eclipse Workbench!?

Falko Bräutigam falko at polymap.de
Fri Jul 16 06:57:04 EDT 2010

Hello all,

my name is Falko Bräutigam. I'm a core developer of the POLYMAP3 project. I
would like to introduce this project here to see what other OpenLayers users
think about the idea of bringing together the power of OpenLayers, Eclipse
Workbench, OSGi and GeoTools.

POLYMAP3 aims to provide a spatial data workbench and OGC server. We have been
working on the project for 8 months now. It is a complete rewrite of an existing
codebase. It is based on Eclipse/RAP, qooxdoo, OpenLayers, GeoTools, uDig,
JGrass and a lot of other great open source software components.

   * uses OpenLayers as the map component
   * uses Eclipse Workbench UI
   * GeoTools core
   * extensible architecture based on Eclipse/OSGi framework
   * multi-user

OpenLayers is a great software project. It is one of the core components of our
project. Many thanks the all the developers.

A lot of work has been done so far for the development of POLYMAP3. However, the
project is in early stage and there are still a lot of things to do. Especially
for advanced feature editing functions based on OpenLayers there are open
issues. Any help with this or any other issue or feedback would be greatly
appreciated.

POLYMAP3 is an open effort to build a web-based spatial data workbench for each
and everything and nothing in particular. The UI is much like uDig but
multi-user and runs in the browser. Based on Eclipse the architecture is very
open. Basically it can be extended in any way.

Please check the project site at: http://www.polymap.org/wiki

Thanks,

Falko
--