[OpenLayers-Users] Missing namespace prefix for PropertyName <geometryName>

Eduardo Ramos eduardo.j.ramos at novabase.pt
Mon Jul 19 06:54:39 EDT 2010

Hello

i'm having some trouble finding how to set the namespace for the geometry in
the WFS request.
My request is:

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("BootyIsland", {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
                projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
                extractAttributes: false,
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    version: "1.0.0",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                    url: "http://localhost/WFS/GetFeature.ashx",
                    featureNS: "http://www.mapinfo.com/wfs",
                    featureType: "BootyIsland",
                    featurePrefix: "miwfs",
                    geometryName: "VL_GMTR",
                    schema:
"http://localhost/WFS/GetFeature.ashx?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&typename=BootyIsland"
                })
            });

but the response that I see in Firebug is:
<ServiceException code="-1">Missing namespace prefix for PropertyName
VL_GMTR</ServiceException>

How can I set the namespace prefix for the geometry?

Thanks in advance

Edu