[OpenLayers-Users] Draggable (Gunsight) Control?

Sveen Atle Frenvik (Geomatikk IKT) Atle.Frenvik.Sveen at geomatikk.no
Wed Jul 21 07:31:15 EDT 2010

On 07/21/2010 01:15 PM, Andrew Hughes wrote:

	Hi All,

	I have a unique requirement that I need help with. Perhaps this is something new...

Well, the fact that you need this does not mean that anyone here is entiteled to make it for you..

	The best way to describe it is to look at this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXotq-W5HmA&feature=channel  but the gunsight is not always in the center, you can drag it around in the map viewport.

	So,
	+ I need a Gunsight control (which uses Map.getLonLatFromPixel() to work out the geographical focus of where the gun is pointing).
	+ The Gunsight does not move when the map is panned/moved (it's tied to pixel position - not geographical)
	+ The Gunsight needs to be draggable within the map view port <div> (can't drag outside the viewport) a non-draggable/fixed pixel position solution (i.e. center of map viewport) would be an unacceptable.

I think a good starting point could be looking at the OverviewMap control, which uses a div placed on top of the map, and then make a control yourself based on somewhat the same concept.

Good luck!

	Thanks && Cheers :)

Atle Frenvik Sveen
Utvikler