[OpenLayers-Users] wfs

Piero Campa piero.campa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:28:50 EDT 2010

You can get them as raster via WMS (if you have a web map service...), or as
vector features via OpenLayers.Layer.Vector or OpenLayers.Layer.WFS.

I used to get the PNG raster of my shapefile like this (I have GeoServer as
WMS):

		var myShapeFile = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS('Name',
				WMSURL,
				{layers: WORKSPACE + ':' + ,
				transparent: 'true', // Visualize all rasters at the same time
				opaque: 1,
				format: 'image/png8'},
				{opacity: 0.4, singleTile: true, transitionEffect: 'resize'}
			);

	        OLmap.addLayer(myShapeFile);

Take a look at the examples code, it may be useful (e.g.
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html)
Piero