[OpenLayers-Users] Resolutions with Geowebcache and WMSGetFeatureInfo [Sec=Unclassified]

Miles Jordan Miles.Jordan at aad.gov.au
Tue Jul 27 02:55:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've been debugging a problem that I've been having with using the WMSGetFeatureInfo control and GeoWebCache.

Basically I am setting OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH to 90.71428571428572 which is what GeoWebCache expects by default, however when the WMSGetFeatureInfo request goes through to GeoWebCache it is like it's using the default 72 for DOTS_PER_INCH, because all of the resolutions are about 21% out.

GeoWebCache responds with messages such as :"400: Requested horizontal resolution: 0.54931640625 , best match: 0.703125 exceeds 10% threshold. Perhaps the client is configured with an incorrect set of scales (resolutions), or the DPI setting is off compared to the one in GWC ?"

I've actually just dropped the WMSGetFeatureInfo control into a GeoWebCache OpenLayers demo, so the resolutions are definitely set up to match. The full source (pretty short and simple) is at http://pastebin.com/JENnAPC9.

It seems like the resolution would be calculated incorrectly by about that amount if the DOTS_PER_INCH were still at 72, so I'm wondering if there's another setting that I need to change or if there's a bug somewhere.

Your comments are appreciated.

Regards,

Miles Jordan
Acting Manager / Systems Analyst
Australian Antarctic Data Centre
Australian Antarctic Division
Dept. of the Environment, Water, Heritage & the Arts

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/