[OpenLayers-Users] Help with changing the color of drawn features ?

koveras vehcna silver_fox2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:31:32 EDT 2010

I fumbled with the controls for a while and then managed to do it the way you
proposed, adding the vector.redraw() made it work. But now, when it draws
the polygons with the colors I select, now I can't draw polygons -the ones
without specifying the number of sides-, lines and points. I can only draw
the regular polygons-with specified sides- and also, if I have drawn two
polygons with different colors, the selected polygons turn into the color of
the last one drawn. How can I tackle this ? I'm posting the code below:

var myStyleMap = new OpenLayers.StyleMap(
                        new OpenLayers.Style({
								fillColor: '${color}',
                                strokeColor: '${color}'},
                                //call attribute of style in order to modify
                         {
                                context: {
                                        color: function(value) {
										if(value == "purple")
													{
														selectedColor = "purple";

													}
													else if(value == "blue")
													{
														selectedColor = "blue";

													}
													else if(value == "yellow")
													{
														selectedColor = "yellow";

													}
													else if(value == "red")
													{
														selectedColor = "red";

													}
													else if(value == "orange")
													{
														selectedColor = "orange";

													}
													else if(value == "green")
													{
														selectedColor ="green";
													}

                                                // Here define your JS
function that picks the color from the HMTL element

													return selectedColor;
													vector.redraw();
													kamap.redraw();
                                                },