[OpenLayers-Users] International date line and bounds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

David Zwarg dzwarg+ol at azavea.com
Wed Jul 28 09:41:50 EDT 2010

Hello Piero,

This is my understanding of how wrapDateLine works:

The wrapDateLine property is used by tile layers when determining which
tiles to display.  If your layer contains "wrapDateLine: true", the layer
adjusts it's tile coordinates if the IDL is in the map viewport. If your
layer contains "wrapDateLine: false", the layer will not adjust tile
coordinates. I think that this does not apply to vector layers, only tiled
layers.

I have not had success with setting maxExtent to include multiple globes,
either.  I have only had success setting the map maxExtent to a smaller
extent that the globe, and using restrictedExtent to constrain the map
navigation within that extent.

-z