[OpenLayers-Users] Spatial filter BBOX limitation?

Eduardo Ramos eduardo.j.ramos at novabase.pt
Thu Jul 29 07:10:02 EDT 2010

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem to apply a spatial filter. Imagine that I have one
layer with 2 polygons: Polygon1 is inside the BBOX and Polygon2 is outside
the BBOX (not currently visible in the map). I have a second layer with
points where some of them are inside Polygon1 OR Polygon2. Since I only need
the points that are within Polygon1 OR Polygon2 I've applied a SPATIAL
FILTER. The result is achieved, as expected, for the Polygon1 (the points
OUTSIDE Polygon1 disappears) but the points that are inside Polygon2
disappears as well.

The error doesn't occurs if I have both Polygon1 and Polygon2 inside the
BBOX (both visible in the map).

One possible workaround is not to use the BBOX strategy but then the
performance would be horrible. Can someone give me some ideas on how I could
apply the spatial filter to all polygons of a layer, despite their
visibility?

Thank you very much

Edu