[OpenLayers-Users] parsing a GML file into different layers

Alex Brandsen alex.brandsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:55:30 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm building a map of a medieval wallpainting, and the graffiti inscribed in
this wall, which can be found on www.thomasav.com/DurhamGraffiti/ (still
quite buggy though!).
I was wondering if there is a way for OpenLayers to dynamically turn
features from a single GML file into seperate layers, by providing an array
of feature id's. I've been looking through the documentation and been
googling around, but I can't seem to find anything useful. Perhaps
"OpenLayers. Filter. FeatureId" could do something like this, but the
documentation on this is quite sparse..

Ofcourse, I could just write a php script that would pre-parse the gml into
seperate, temporary gml files, but I think using OpenLayers itself would be
preferable.

If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Alex Brandsen.