[OpenLayers-Users] maxExtent not passed to an OSM layer

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Wed Sep 1 16:41:34 EDT 2010

  Hi All,

The maxExtent map option doesn't seem to be carried over to an XYZ type
of layer.  Looking at the initialize function of an XYZ layer, I see the
maxExtent is hardcoded whereas it is not in e.g. a Google type.  Why is
that so ?  The difference in behaviour means we can't use a maxExtent
with OSM as a base layer : it just doesn't zoom in.  Works with Bing,
Google or Yahoo though.  But I want OSM as my base layer ...

Pointers appreciated,

Yves