[OpenLayers-Users] Accessing authenticated WMS services

Vijay Sambhe VSambhe at imgs.ie
Mon Apr 4 10:41:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to access a WMS service hosted on ARCGIS server. This
service is hosted on the secure server so url of the WMS service is
https://<servername>/....

For every layer I add in my openlayers script, it asks for a user name
and password.

How could I pass the username and password information along with the
url?

the error as security problem occurred whenever I drag the map. I do not
see any layer from the service in the map.

Since mine is a web application, the end users can not enter enter user
name and password everytime they open this map page.

With ARCGIS93REST, there was a workaround to not to expose token to
have a local proxy service on the local server and pass the service
requests through the local service appending token. With WMS where
authentication information needs to be entered, I could not figure it
out how to avoid that login window for every layer load.

Thanks,

Vijay Sambhe
Irish Mapping