[OpenLayers-Users] How to modify feature's attribute data ?

Xurxo Mendez sonxurxo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:41:28 EDT 2011

To be able to store data in GeoServer you must use WFS-T (WFS transactional,
it's a profile of the OGC's WFS standard
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wfs). OpenLayers provides support
for that, see
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html (take a
look at the source, it's not about modifying attributes but
creating-modifying geometries, but it's the same problem).
In the downloaded package, in the examples folder, you can modify this same
example to make it work against your own GeoServer.

Best regards,

Xurxo Méndez Pérez

http://blog.sonxurxo.com
http://www.sonxurxo.com