[OpenLayers-Users] FramedCloud size with floating objects in the contents

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Apr 13 09:11:23 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've been reading through various old emails where people have problems with
FramedCloud sizing, but I can't find a solution to this problem.

I am populating the FramedCloud in the usual way with some HTML contents:
https://github.com/tomchance/OpenEcoMaps/blob/master/www/script/oem.js#L104

That contents includes a div with a CSS property to float right.

In some popups the height of the images in the right-floating div is greater
than any text, and in those instances the cloud cuts the images off at the
bottom and shows a scrollbar thanks to the overflow property being set to
'auto'. For an example, click on this recycling symbol:
http://www.openecomaps.co.uk/map.php?pack=LDN&zoom=6&lon=-0.07191&lat=51.48017&layers=B000FTFFFFT

>From what I've read, the code that calculates the size of the cloud is a bit
tricky and it looks like it isn't dealing with the floating div properly.
Other popups with non-floating contents show up properly in a much larger
popup.

Can anyone help me to either:

1. Set the default height of the popup to be a bit bigger, or

2. Fix the popups so they size correctly?

Regards,
Tom Chance