[OpenLayers-Users] Large KML file, alternatives?

Yael josip.2000 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:00:38 EDT 2011

Hello all,

as I am quite new to the world of maps, I have a question concerning the
problem I'm trying to solve. I've been playing around and testing the limits
of the browser and OL when it comes to displaying large structures.
I have found that displaying a KML file that is about 7mb is very sluggish.
However, as the structures I want to display is built out of regions with
different colors (thematic map of some 4000 regions), I haven't found any
other option than to use KML files (as they contain the color information as
well).

What other options are there? What would be a more convenient and efficient
way to display these regions?

Thank you!