[OpenLayers-Users] A WMS layer as base layer

Andrés Maneiro amaneiro at icarto.es
Thu Apr 28 14:05:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've configured my map to use 3 different base layers (open street map,
google map & google hybrid) with success. Nevertheless, I'm struggling
to get as base layer a plain WMS. The symptons are:

   - when the user changes the base layer, the boundingbox gets zoomed
in (which no happens when I change between OSM and google for example).

  - when the user changes the base layer, it is displaced someway to the
north, so the features have no rendered in the proper place.

I guess it has something to do with the resolutions and scales, as
discussed here: http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/SettingZoomLevels

But I've tried several alternatives with no success. Just in case
someone has the time to review it, here the WMS I'm trying to set as
base layer:
http://ideg.xunta.es/wms-orto/request.aspx?request=getcapabilities&service=WMS

Some ideas/suggestions?

best,