[OpenLayers-Users] pgrouting using openlayers

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Mon Aug 15 19:02:01 EDT 2011

What happens when your click point for a start or end is not directly on a node? Does pgrouting snap the start/end points to the nearest vertex on the nearest road?

Thanks,

Robert

On 8/15/2011 1:57 PM, sushma wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I want to implement pgrouting using openlayers .i.e to find shortest path
> from building to another buildings.So if user clicks one building as a start
> point and another as end point then it returns the shortest path between
> those buildings. I am totally new to the openlayers.
> So far i can display the map of road data and buildings from geoserver using
> openlayers. Now i wanted to get on with click control. So need some
> suggestion how can i get on with click control.

Here is an example that I put together using mapserver for the maps,
pgRouting and I use a small PHP program to handle the the Ajax requests
to communicate between OpenLayers and pgRouting.

http://tinyurl.com/3vnufmh

-Steve

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and then delete this email from your system.

This message has been scanned for Malware and Viruses by Websense Hosted Security.
www.websense.com