[OpenLayers-Users] Re: How can I speed up OL features rendering with SVG2?

ggarcia ggarcia at ihman.com
Mon Aug 29 07:49:29 EDT 2011

I didn't find an appropiate solution so I try to improve speed doing this:

- Using default vector render instead of SVG2. With this, features are
painted when they are in the viewport.
- Changing my zoom. Now, I start in a high zoom level. At first, I was
setting up "zoomToExtent" to my map bounds but the problem was that I was
getting the whole map with all features (2000), very slow when the user
wanna change zoom level.

If someone knows a better solution I will appreciate it! xD
Thanks,
ggarcia.