[OpenLayers-Users] 'OpenLayers.Lang.en is undefined' if I use built 2.11rc3

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Aug 30 03:36:05 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:49 AM, mortac8 <ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com> wrote:
> I have code that does:
> OpenLayers.Lang.en.baseLayer="Base Map";
>
> If I include the built version of OpenLayers 2.11rc3 and launch my
> application, I get a "OpenLayers.Lang.en is undefined" error.  This did not
> happen in 2.10.
>
> Is there a way around this?  It works if I include /lib/OpenLayers.js
> instead of the built /OpenLayers.js.
>
> Any thought are appreciated.

SingleFile.js does indeed not include a "@requires
OpenLayers/Lang/en.js" statement, so builds created with full.cfg
don't include en.js.

Things are indeed different in 2.10. In 2.10 both SingleFile.js and
OpenLayers.js are included in builds, and the latter does @require
en.js.

I think it's a good thing that 2.11 allows creating builds that don't
include en.js. People wanting en.js (or other language files) in their
OpenLayers builds need to add "OpenLayers/Lang/en.js" in the [include]
section of their build configuration files. Ashley, you can try that
and see if it works for you.

Now we can wonder whether OpenLayers builds provided at
http://openlayers.org/api should include en.js or not. With changeset
12127 [*] by Tim I think we don't need to have en.js in our
OpenLayers.js builds.

[*] <http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/changeset/12127>

--
Eric Lemoine