[OpenLayers-Users] map doesn't align with Google maps when accessed via a proxy

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:42:59 EST 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:32 AM, Andreas Hocevar wrote:

> Don't forget to configure your map with the appropriate options for
> Web Mercator layers:
>
> {
>    projection: "EPSG:3857",
>    units: "m",
>    maxResolution: 156543.0339,
>    maxExtent: [-20037508.34, -20037508.34, 20037508.34, 20037508.34]
> }

Yes, of course. My map is configured with the above options, and as I said in my original post, it works just fine when retrieved directly as a WMS from OpenLayers. However, as I also said, I need to experiment with a request via a proxy. When I do that, I end up getting either a complete map per tile request, or, if I use singleTile:true, I do get a single map correctly but the map is shifted completely.

I am passing to the proxy all the parameters that OpenLayers is sending, so MapServer is receiving everything that it would have received directly.