[OpenLayers-Users] Safari Zoom Issue: Google v3 + KML Layer + Marker Layer + Pop Up

Urs Hofer hoferurs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:02:47 EST 2011

Hi -

I'm developing an application where I put several layers (KML/Marker/Popup)
over a google v3 layer. Everything works fine except in Safari (v. 5.1.1 on
OSX 10.6.8). In the case of drawn polylines in the KML Layer (i.e. not only
markers in the kml layer), it looks like Safari draws the Google Map on top
of all other Layers, BUT only after a certain zoom-level. That means: All
elements which are normally shown over the map are hidden behind.

To summarize the load order in the script: While loading the kml layer,
markers are put on the map onFeatureInsert. Popups are triggered later or
manually onclick. But I don't think it's a matter of how the features are
loaded, since the problem occurs when zooming in, not when loading the page.

Everything works fine if I change the map in the background to
Openstreetmap.

Here's the running example:
http://www.mimsuisse.ch/develop.php

(Click the initial Popup and zoom in the map by double clicking once. On
Safari, all red Markers and Lines are vanishing)

It's my first openlayers application, so please excuse if I post a question
which is a) stupid or b) already solved. Any help is appreciated,

best,
Urs