[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Resolved: Attaching events to several markers

compilable compilable at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 05:08:23 EST 2011

I had the same issue, once the event is registered to a specific Maker it
triggers for all the other Marker's as well. Finally, I was able to solve
it. I had to register seperate events for each marker. Following is my code:

        var makerCount=0; // I want only 2 Markers to be shown :
Source,Destination

    function setMarkers(x,y){
        var icon = new
OpenLayers.Icon('http://www.openlayers.org/dev/img/marker.png',size,offset);

     if(makerCount<2){

        if(makerCount==0){  // Source
           var location = new OpenLayers.LonLat(x,y);

           var size = new OpenLayers.Size(21,25);
           var offset = new OpenLayers.Pixel(-(size.w/2), -size.h);

        	var sourceMarker=new OpenLayers.Marker(location,icon)
        	sourceMarker.events.register('mousedown', sourceMarker,
function(evt) {
                    alert('Source :: X='+ x + ' , Y=' + y);
        	        OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt); });

        	markers.addMarker(sourceMarker);
        	markers.setOpacity(0.2);
    		makerCount++;
        }else{ // Destination

        	var location = new OpenLayers.LonLat(x,y);

           	var size = new OpenLayers.Size(21,25);
            var offset = new OpenLayers.Pixel(-(size.w/2), -size.h);
            var halfIcon = icon.clone();

        	var destinationMarker=new OpenLayers.Marker(location,halfIcon)
        	destinationMarker.events.register('mousedown', destinationMarker,
function(evt) {
                    alert('Destination :: X='+ x + ' , Y=' + y);
        	        OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt);
        	   });
            markers.addMarker(destinationMarker);
            halfIcon.setOpacity(0.5);