[OpenLayers-Users] Find a point inside a polygon?

Swärd Mårten Marten.Sward at sweco.se
Wed Dec 14 03:50:24 EST 2011

Hi!
This problem maybe is more of a programmatically issue rather than a OpenLayers issue but I'll give it a try anyway..
What I want to do is to find a point that's  INSIDE a polygon, not just one of the vercities because they can be shared with other neighbouring polygons..
getCentroid() doesn't do the trick either if the polygon is somewhat irregular then the center could be outside of the polygon.
So, do anyone of you have any ideas how I could do to find a point that's inside a, maybe irregular, polygon?
Best regards, Mårten