[OpenLayers-Users] How to update the attributes for a vector feature downloag via WFS-T, setting the state flag.

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 16:10:13 EST 2011

Hi list,

A quick question

If I want to update the attribute values for a vector feature object that
I have download from a WFS-T data source what is the offical way of doing
it?

>From looking at the source code of openlayers O2.11, it seems that the
state flag of vector feature object must be in state UPDATE, but there
does not seem to be a way of setting this flag by making an offical API
call.

All vector feature objects are created with the state flag set to null.

The only function that updates is toState, which ignores request to set
the STATE flag to update.

The modifiy feature control updates the state setting by just writing to
it directly. But I don't want to modify the shape of my feature object.

If I  set the flag directly to UPDATE and call the save stratgy, every
works as you would expect.

So how should I set the state flag?

regards

Dave.