[OpenLayers-Users] Getting/downloading shapefile from Openlayer/Web page and saving to local disk

Mustafa646 noorcs22 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:37:20 EDT 2011

I have developed a web application where i am using GeoServer and Openlayers.
I have displayed some Layers over Google map in a ASP.Net Web Page. I want
to know is there any Method or Script available in Openlayer for downloading
and saving shapefile (the shapefile which is displayed over Google map in
Web page) from web interface.

Actually the user wants to download the shapefile from Web interface and
open it in his Dektop GIS (ArcView) system.