[OpenLayers-Users] Draw Polygon outer edges / Convex hull

Harry Nacko harry.nacko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:59:57 EDT 2011

I've created a featurecollection from a GeoJSON object which contains
anywhere between 3 and 20 points. My goal is to plot these points as a
general area or region on a map, a polygon seems fitting.

The problem is that the points are not nicely sorted and creating a polygon
of these points does not trail the edges of the points but will create a
'random criss cross' polygon, depending on the order of the points.

I'm hoping there is a solution in the standard openlayer framework. Creating
a convex hull implementation seems a little drastic.