[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers.Handler.Click clickhandler invoked 3 times

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 00:42:21 EDT 2011

Using openlayers 2.10 I have installed a click
handler(Openlayers.Handler.Click)  on a map , using a scale as the
control argument and the register function to install the callback as
type click.

When ever I do a single click, the call back routine gets called 3
times, is there any reason for this? I had assume it would only be
called once.

The same things happens with the double click callback!

I have checked and the callback is only installed once.

As side issue what is the best 'control' to use with this type handler?
I choose scale  because it seemed other than writing a scale it did seem
do anything else(some of the other controls define callbacks)