[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom to a particular feature

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:45:25 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have this webpage where I must zoom to a particular feature that
matches a string given by the user. A similar issue has been
previously raised in this thread:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-users/2011-March/019820.html

Where a GetFeature request is suggested to obtain the bounding boxes
of the layer's features. The problem is that I have layers with about
a thousand features, which quickly clog the webpage with a slow
connection.

My question is: can I obtain the bounding box for a particular feature
that matches a particular condition such as ATTRIBUTE=KEY with a
GetFeature request? Or using a different method?

Thank you,

Luís