[OpenLayers-Users] MousePostion and dragging

Andy Harrison andyh at alh.me.uk
Wed Jun 8 18:42:57 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Just a note to say I noticed that my map can get very jerky sometimes
when I'm dragging/navigating. I think I finally traced this problem to
the MousePosition control. I found that if you deactivate the mouse
position on the "movestart" event and re-activate on the "moveend" event
that the problem goes away. Obviously the mouse position update is
competing for resources with the layer rendering as you are dragging.
The position is not correct when you are dragging, it should not change
because the map is moving with the mouse pointer.

Just a random comment, not really a question. Just I realised my map
runs better with this simple modification.

regards,
andy