[OpenLayers-Users] Given Bounds, Calculate Zoom

Michael mdm at yachtpc.com
Wed Jun 15 10:20:23 EDT 2011

Sure!

     var trackBounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(-127.5,39,-121.9,37); //an
area off the coast of San Francisco that I care about
     . ..// make the map etc

     map.zoomToExtent(trackBounds, true);

Hmmm.  Wait a minute.  That is a little different than the function you
are talking about.  I imagine that this one uses the one you are
referencing, but that may call for confirmation.

Michael